Thank you for listening to Taking Flight, a Podcast showcasing the raw stories of how church plants have gone from fumbles and failures to innovation and impact.
The guest on episode four is Mark Jobe, the founding pastor of New Life Community Church. As they say at New Life, they are “one church, many locations. One family, many backgrounds. One message, many stories. But one cross, one gospel, and only one God.” Mark is the author of Unstuck and the host of the daily radio program Straight Talk aired on 90.1 here in Chicago.
My biggest takeaways:
- Know what’s in “your house”!
- Am I doing God’s work with my power or with God’s power?
- Begin incorporating “prophetic pause” in your times of prayer.
- Being stuck can lead to significant culture shaping.
- Longevity as a pastor is underrated…stick it out and find a way to bust through the inevitable ceilings of ministry.
- If someone is being held at gunpoint, call Mark Jobe 🙂